Breathing exercises help athletes prepare, perform and recover to their best. In this episode, Lewis explains and runs through 3 basic breathing exercises that you can follow along to and use in your training and routines.
Note: Make sure you not driving, operating machinery while performing these exercises.
Listen to the episode
This episode at a glance
- Preparations for the breathing exercises. [2:59]
- Lewis teaches the first exercise, diaphragmatic breathing. [3:12]
- The second type of breathing exercise, the Recovery Breath is perfect for recovery after exercise or a stressful day. [8:33]
- The third exercise is called the Breath Hold, and it builds endurance by tolerating more carbon dioxide. [12:36]
- Lewis talks a little about the Sport Yogi app where you can find more kinds of breathing exercises and workouts to supplement your professional training. [18:08]
Episode Sponsored By Sport Yogi
The app that introduces Yoga, Mindfulness and Meditation to Athletes all without the fluff. Choose from over 100+ sessions to improve flexibility, strength, recovery, focus, stress, nerves, anxiety on and off the field.